COVID-19 Level 3 Playing Procedures
These procedures apply until Tuesday 7th September 2021. From Wednesday 8th September the Level 2 procedures will apply.
The course, driving range and practice areas will be open daily for MEMBERS ONLY to play within their “lockdown bubbles”. No green fee or member’s guest players are allowed at this level.
The intention of these procedures is to ensure physical distancing, enable contact tracing, maintain COVID-19 hygiene protocols, comply with our health and safety plan, and prevent any congregation on the course. These procedures will change again when we move to Level 2.
1. Members will need to have a prior booking for the course or driving range for access to these facilities and the practice areas. If you are just coming to play, please don’t arrive more than 30 minutes prior to your start time. Bookings on the driving range will be limited to 40 minutes per person/day. You must leave the club as soon as your round has finished. Practice greens are available for use no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your allocated tee time. See the specific details below for making course and driving range bookings.
2. Hand sanitiser (provided at the entrance beside the Golf Shop) must be applied when you arrive and leave the club and when accessing the cart shed.
3. The clubhouse and Golf Shop will be closed to members. However, the Golf Shop will be staffed during opening hours for contactless purchases via your House Account or credit card for essential items and range balls. No cash purchases allowed. You can ring the Golf Shop on 03 358 4612 to top up your House Account using your credit card details.
4. If you need to purchase something from the Golf Shop, please ring them (03 358 4612) to order at least one hour before arriving so they can make up your order for collection outside the shop.
5. Everyone must sign in by either recording their visit using the NZ COVID Tracer app or signing the login sheet at the entrance. This is so we can meet the contact tracing and COVID-19 safety plan requirements.
6. Only one “lockdown bubble” per tee time, which means most players will be playing solo. Up to four players can tee off the same tee time provided they are all from the same “lockdown bubble” and all members. You can’t play with anyone from another “lockdown bubble”.
7. No score cards will be available and no scores can be entered into DotGolf during Level 3.
8. If you come across someone from outside your bubble, keep at least 2 metres away. Avoid touching course fixtures (e.g. drinking fountains, ball washers, pins). Pins must be left in their cups and will have foam at their base to make it easy to retrieve your ball without touching the pin. There will be no bunker rakes and bunkers may be treated as GUR at player discretion.
9. All bookings must be made in advance via DotGolf (https://www.golf.co.nz) by the “lockdown bubble” leader or by phoning the Golf Shop (03 358 4612) which will be staffed from 8.30am – 5.00pm each day. Online bookings will open at 7am on the day prior to the booking date.
10. Playing times. The normal daily pattern of bookings has been suspended. All tee times will be mixed member slots each day with 18 hole slots from 8.00am – 1.30pm and 9 hole slots from 1.36pm – 3.30pm, all at 6 minute intervals and off tee 1 only. No players to start after 3.30pm. Normal playing rights will still apply, e.g. Off Peak members can’t start until 1pm Sunday – Friday and only members with 7 day playing rights can play on Saturdays.
11. If there is a frost delay on any day, the bookings affected will be cancelled by the Golf Shop with an email notification sent to those affected. There will be no alternative frost delay slots.
12. The driving range will be open between 9.00am – 4.00pm daily for members only to book one x 40 minutes slot per day by phoning the Golf Shop. See the booking details below.
13. In the interests of giving all members a fair chance of access, you can only make one tee booking/bubble/day and only one driving range booking/person/day. Please restrict your tee bookings to no more than 3 times/week/bubble while we are in Level 3.
14. The cafe will be open for contactless takeaway orders provided you have sufficient credit in your House Account. A shortened menu will be displayed on the Tournament office window and on the 9th tee with a phone number for you to call the cafe to make an order. The order will be delivered to a table outside for collection. To top up your House Account you will need to ring the Golf Shop (03 358 4612) with your credit card details or top up your account online via your Golf NZ account. See the details below for how to check your House Account balance.
How to make a course booking
1. All course bookings must be made either online via Golf NZ (https://www.golf.co.nz), the DotGolf app or by phoning the Golf Shop (03 358 4612) during opening hours. Online bookings will open at 7am on the day prior to the booking date.
2. Booking slots will be “mixed member” only each day: 8.00am – 1.30pm for 18 holes, and 1.36pm – 3.30pm for 9 holes.
3. There will be just one slot displayed per tee time for the “lockdown bubble” leader to enter their name on behalf of their “lockdown bubble” group. A “lockdown bubble” can consist of 1–4 players who must all be from the same “lockdown bubble” and also be Russley members. No green fee or member’s guest players allowed.
4. If all the slots are booked, you can add your name to the “Waitlist” by clicking on the green “Add to Waitlist” button at the top of the booking page. You can even enter your preferred times. You will be notified by email if you are assigned a slot following a cancellation.
How to make a driving range booking
1. The driving range will be open from 9.00am – 4.00pm each day for prior bookings only. You can book one x 40 minutes time slot per day by ringing the Golf Shop (03 358 4612) from 8.30am. Maximum of 20 people per time slot.
2. All payments must be contactless by charging your House Account or credit card over the phone. A sanitised bucket of balls will be left outside the side entrance of the Golf Shop, with your name on, for collection. 70 ball buckets only will be provided over this period.
3. Everyone must sign in by either recording their visit using the NZ COVID Tracer app or signing the login sheet at the entrance.
4. Unless you have a course booking after your range booking, please leave the premises as soon as your allocated time has finished, and return the empty bucket to the area outside the shop.
5. Please maintain a 2 metre distance from other range users at all times.
Cart, Trundler and Club bookings
1. Cart hire is available for players in your bubble. A phone booking in advance via the Golf Shop is essential with payment from your House Account or credit card.
2. We are unable to provide rental trundlers or clubs during Level 3.
How to check your House Account balance and top up your account
1. Sign into your DotGolf account (https://www.golf.co.nz) via the Golf NZ website.
2. If you are using a desktop/laptop click on your name (right hand side of window) and then “My Account” in the drop down menu. If you are using a web browser on your phone, click on the menu below your name and select “My Account”.
3. Then scroll down to “Club Accounts”. Your House Account balance will be displayed below this heading.
4. You can top up your account by entering the amount you want to add and clicking on the green “Top up account” button below the balance to add credit from your credit card. However, there is a 5% surcharge. You can avoid the surcharge by ringing the Golf Shop (03 358 4612) and doing the top up over the phone via their EFTPOS terminal.
In the case of an on-course emergency, ring the Golf Shop (03) 358 4612 or knock on their door!
Thank you for your understanding and assistance in complying with these restrictions. We are looking forward to when everything returns to normal. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me (email@example.com).